Mental Health and COVID-19
New Jerseyans feeling the emotional and mental toll of #COVID19 can call 1-866-202-HELP (4357), for free, confidential support.
NJMentalHealthCares will be answered by live trained specialists 7 days a week, 8am – 8pm.
TAKING CARE OF YOUR BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation During An Infectious Disease Outbreak:
As the number of cases of COVID-19 continues to climb and with workplaces and schools closed, anxiety is on the rise. It is important during this time, to take care of ourselves physically and mentally. We have compiled a list of tips and resources to assist individuals and families with self-care.
Ways to Cope
- Connect with family and friends by phone, e-mail, or social media.
- Partake in activities that are soothing: take a warm bath; practice deep breathing; cook comfort foods.
- Distract yourself by doing activities that keep you busy: gardening; doing art work. Listen to music and watch comedy movies that will make you laugh and lighten your mood.
- Limit your news and media intake.
- Go out in the fresh air and take a walk. Walking is one of the best exercises to help mitigate anxiety.
- Keep a schedule and stay as close to your typical routine as possible. This will help you to have a sense of control and bring some normalcy to your day.
- Remember that THIS WILL COME TO AN END as every other pandemic that has ever happened in history has and that your lives will return again to normal.
Mental Health and COVID-19 Resources
- Talking to Kids about the Coronavirus
- Mental Health Resources
- Online Recovery Meetings
- Resources for Arts & Entertainment
- Educational Resources
- Resources for Health & Wellness
- Faith Based Resources
- Building Resilience Now and Beyond COVID-19